Profile

My photo
Hi! I'm Christine! I love reading, writing songs, stories, watching movies. I'm new here in the blogging world so hoping for some comments and help! :) LOTS OF LOVE!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Catch up reading week

May 21-26, 2012 is my Catch up reading week (CURW) these are my thoughts on what I've read. please be nice. :)



       Firstly last May 21, 2012 (Monday) when I planned to start my CURW, I firstly read Nevermore by Kelly Creagh, which made me intrigued just by the book cover and the summary. The story of how two very different people with different levels of popularity in school got paired up for a project and the way they reacted to it was very interesting that had me hooked up. Especially since on was the usual popular school cheerleader who is Isobel and the other was someone who is like a emo-loner kind but at the same time a misunderstood character who is very much mysterious who is Varen. The book also showed how peers do play an important role, but at the same time they could be the ones who would lead you to your happiness or failure, that sometimes one must learn to go on their own and now always go with their peers choices. By the end of the book it left me wanting the story to not end because of the cliff-hanger it had ended with. It had also made me be more excited as to what would happen next to the second book named Enshadowed that will be released on August 28, 2012.  GO TEAM VAREN!!! 

    May 22, 2012 (Tuesday) day 2 of my CURW was when I read Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe, my first thought in the first few chapters of this book was that it would be a tragedy story about love, friendship, and war. Well, after reading the book I was wrong about the tragedy part of course. But the book did have me wondering in the later chapters on who Dez Harkly would choose between her best friend Jace or the guy she met in a club who is named Reese. Besides that, the story also had the me excited as Dez discovered the truth about who she is. But at the end it also left me hanging and wanting for more on the problems Dez and her friends have to face. but as far as the pairing goes I'm on team Reese! GO TEAM REESE!!!  

      May 23, 2012 (Wednesday) day 3. Existence & Predestined by Abbi Glines, the first book I have ever read with a different approach. well in this case Death falls in love. To me this is different since I haven't read any like this wear Death break the rules for one human girl named Pagan Moore. Not to mention that Pagan has the ability to see souls oh and that she has been marked.  But I am getting ahead of myself. Reading the first book Existence had me very much exciting to know what king of story will this be. And I say, reading the first book, and the fist few chapters had me on TEAM LEIF, but when Dank (a.k.a Death) saved Pagan and became the rockstar guy I went to TEAM DANK already (has a weakness for musicians). 


       By book two the story had me on higher expectations already on the challenges that await both Pagan and Dank. Especially when they found out that Pagan's soul has been marked, and Pagan keeps on having these dreams or memories of when she was a little girl. But that wasn't the only problem they had because in book two whatever marked Pagan's soul wants to have her already and in the process will do everything to have her, even if it means harming those she loves. But of course in the end good triumphs over evil :D. and so I am definitely looking forward to what is to happen to book three titled Ceaseless, which will be out on September 18, 2012 GO TEAM DANK!!!
  



May 24, 2012 (Thursday) when I read Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. The story of the Lux Series after reading book 1 had me wanting for more, just like the previous books I've read this week but the difference this time the characters are aliens who have the power of light, and when new girl Katy moves in the town they are staying in. anf things start to change. Especially when Daemon's younger sister Dee takes a liking to befriending Katy. The end of book 1 for my was well wrapped up that leaves me wondering what kind of development will happen in book 2 with the relationship between Katy and Daemon, especially with the bond they have with one another. GO TEAM DAEMON!!!



     May 26, 2012 (Saturday) the last CURW book of the week, Eternal Starling by Angela Corbett. Now this book, for me in reading it led me to think about birthmarks as something special. It actually made me wonder what if the birthmarks that we do have is actually marks that would help us find our soulmates. Now, wouldn't that be just really be lovely? I mean love life would be so much easier. As my reading for the story progressed I'd say that Evie would definitely have a hard time choosing between her two possible soulmates. Maybe in the first few chapters of the story I would really say I am a TEAM ALEX NIGHT. But by the time the other soulmate of Evie appeared, I'd say there is a part of me that became a TEAM EMIL STONE fan. But in the TEAM ALEX NIGHT still won for me. So, GO TEAM ALEX!!!


Well that's a wrap :) Really love all books I've been reading. :) Hopefully I get to read some more with the school year starting again this JUNE :) hihihi. my first try on expressing what I though about the books I've read in the open. :))

MOOD: Happy :)

P.S. Comments please~!! would really love to improve and learn a few things! :) Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thought's would be very much appreciated! LOTS OF LOVE TO ALL!! :D