Profile

My photo
Hi! I'm Christine! I love reading, writing songs, stories, watching movies. I'm new here in the blogging world so hoping for some comments and help! :) LOTS OF LOVE!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Die for Me (Revenants #1) by: Amy Plum

 Die for Me (Revenants #1) by: Amy Plum

           In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

         When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

      Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.


------

     What brought my attention to this book while I was in the bookstore scanning for some books to buy is the book cover. But after reading the summary of Die for Me; I instantly fell for this book. Reading it brought me to Paris, a place I have a dream of going to at least in the future. Die for Me has an this interesting-mysterious kind of vibe to it that when I read it I found it really hard to stop reading. The way the author wrote the book truly did capture my attention. 

     The leading lady character Kate Mercier, is someone whom I can compare to Lena Dunchannes from Beautiful Creatures written by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. The similarities between Kate and Lena is that both girls at first wouldn't really interact with other people, like they had their own world. But as the story progressed Kate slowly came out of the shell she made when her parents died. Vincent, one of the revenants that Kate met and is also her love interest in the story. For me Vincent is the kind of guy who would do everything to protect the people he cares about; but at the same time he is also someone who is strong-willed. 


      By the last chapter of the book, I already can;t wait to get the second book of the series. In all I thought that this book is magnifique! 5 of 5 stars rating indeed!! :D :D :D GO TEAM VINCENT! hehehehe! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thought's would be very much appreciated! LOTS OF LOVE TO ALL!! :D