Profile

My photo
Hi! I'm Christine! I love reading, writing songs, stories, watching movies. I'm new here in the blogging world so hoping for some comments and help! :) LOTS OF LOVE!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers #1)

Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers #1)

by

I don't do dangerous.  Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back.

Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me....
 **got summary from Goodreads

*sigh* At last I am finally able to finish this book! *applause for me* :)) 

Dark Kiss to me is different from the other angel like stories I've read. Since in this book it promotes team work and friendship! Yes it does! I ean Angel and Demons working together!? Never heard of that before, really so yeah teamwork! Friendship? Yes it values friendship more on Samantha and her best friend Carly. and Love definitely....lining up on the forbidden love thing :D

The characters? Hmmm well, Samantha to me at first I though she was somehow a bit of a goody-goody person which is good. But then as the story is told in her point of view, I kind of thought in some parts that she is well in someways vain. Then again I still like her in the book since she's actually a bit tough, not like some characters that are actually acting like a total weakling with out the love of their life (well that's how my friends describe them). She also cares a lot about the people close to her and tries to protect them especially her best friend, also even to people....*ahem* I mean angels she doesn't really know. Almost forgot about Bishop there! :))) Kidding! 

Bishop, well...."Hey! I just met you and this is crazy but here's my number. So, call me maybe." <<< yes that kind of feeling, once you go past the first time he and Samantha first met.At first well, kind of feel sorry for Bishop...really sad what happened to him. Good thing Samantha found him though! :) well, to me Bishop is let's just say he's someone who doesn't really have a lot of self-esteem even though he is powerful. Besides that well, he is also mysterious and he also has that tiny bit of bad boy thing going on. Bishop is also protective when it comes to Samantha at least. A reason why I would really like to read a part of the book in his point of view though! :))) he also  has a lot of secrets in his past that I think he would really love to keep a secret if it weren't for one of their teammates. :))

Can't say much but this, I have to admit at the very first few chapter I sort of thought the story is kind of like Twilight. But good thing I kept reading it and I was not disappointed. :) #Happy I finished Dark Kiss. :D :D :D :D :D 

All in all I'd give Dark Kiss a 4 out of 5 stars :) really looking forward to reading book 2. :))





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thought's would be very much appreciated! LOTS OF LOVE TO ALL!! :D