Profile

My photo
Hi! I'm Christine! I love reading, writing songs, stories, watching movies. I'm new here in the blogging world so hoping for some comments and help! :) LOTS OF LOVE!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Unearthly (Unearthly #1)

Unearthly (Unearthly #1)

by

In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.
**got summary from Goodreads

Firstly, Okay I shall admit it. At first I was reluctant at having my mom buy this book for me. But then I decided to just go ahead and let my mom buy me this book. BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE!!! :))) This book is great!

Now that I have finally finished the book I can't wait to be the next one! The story of Clara a human and a quarter part angel who dreams of her purpose, a bit of how it is human like. Because like they say we all have a purpose in our world. :) Reading the 1st book was a lot of fun. I mean it shows the usual problems of being someone new in town. 

Clara as described in the book is a girl who is used to having everything go easy for her. But it's not usually like that, when Clara and her family moved, everything to her didn't really seem to come easy. Especially after she meets the boy who is the one in her dreams. Christian in the book is described as a god like person who is perfect at every thing. And to Clara he is her purpose. But then she meets Tucker, the brother of one of her new found friends. Tucker in the book see,s to be the guy who dislikes Clara, but as the story progresses turns out he likes her. Especially after they spend time together on Clara's birthday.

 What can I say about Unearthly? Well, to me it is a different take from the Angel/ Nephilim stories that I've read. This book takes on the characters with angel blood dreaming about their purpose and going to the place of where it is. At the same time it still has that awesome romance thing going on :)) But really after reading the first book, I can't decide which team I should go with... TEAM TUCKER? or TEAM CHRISTIAN? another reason as to why I can't wait to see what will happen to book 2! :))




 

3 comments:

  1. TEAM TUKER ABSOLUTELY! Christian can go ahead & DIE, I don't freaking care. He's been the rock of my existence since he's THERE. Just THERE, being that pretty boy while Tuker is AWESOME~

    ReplyDelete
  2. TUCKER. Definitely, irrevocably and whatever words that ends with -ly you can find TEAM TUCKER. Nawwww~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Team Tucker, even though I didn't really like the book all that much. I'm a bit wary of picking up the next one, actually. But I read it's a good one, and many people seemed to shift from team Tucker to team Cristian after reading Hallowed.

    ReplyDelete

Your thought's would be very much appreciated! LOTS OF LOVE TO ALL!! :D