Profile

My photo
Hi! I'm Christine! I love reading, writing songs, stories, watching movies. I'm new here in the blogging world so hoping for some comments and help! :) LOTS OF LOVE!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (3): triple trouble part 1

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating


Silver by Talia Vance

 Expected publication: September 8th 2012

 An Irish heritage, Celtic myth, and deadly beauty

In eighth grade, Brianna did something so dreadful she was suspended and homeschooled. No one could explain what happened that night . . . except Brianna’s Irish grandmother, who gave her a silver charm bracelet and told her to wear it until she turned seventeen. Ever since she slipped it on, Brianna has felt like she’s invisible. People stare right past her as if she doesn’t exist. And that includes Blake Williams, the one boy she can’t resist.

But everything changes in one frozen, silver moment when Blake sees her—and recognizes what she’s been hiding. Brianna is descended from Danu, the legendary Bandia of Celtic myth. Yet before she can fully understand who or what she is, Brianna accidentally binds her soul to Blake—whose tribe has spent the last thousand years hunting Danu’s descendants to protect humanity.


Redemption (Hearts of Stone #1)

by

Expected publication: September 8th 2012 

 Guillaume: For five hundred years I’ve existed as a gargoyle. Perched atop an old Montreal church, I’ve watched idly as humanity wanders by. With the witch Marguerite gone, there is no one left to protect, nothing to care about. I never planned to feel again. But then a girl released me from my stone restraints, allowing me to return as a seventeen-year-old human boy. I must find out all I can about this girl’s power...

Aude: Getting attacked twice in as many days is strange in itself, but even stranger is the intriguing guy I keep running into. There’s something so familiar about him, like a primal drum rhythm from my dreams. But spending time together only raises more questions—about my heritage, a native Mohawk prophecy... and an unearthly magic threatening our city...


 



Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1)

by Gena Showalter

Expected publication: September 25th 2012

 She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….


I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish

5 comments:

  1. Eeeeppp!!! I definitely can't wait for Alice in Zombieland! Awesome picks! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read the Alice book. Great choices. Here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Silver' sounds amazing! I love Irish mythology. Hop on over if you have the time:
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/waiting-for-wednesday-prisoner-of.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I can't wait to dive into Silver and I'm dying to get my hands on Alice in Zombieland!

    Shortskie's WoW

    ReplyDelete

Your thought's would be very much appreciated! LOTS OF LOVE TO ALL!! :D